Cannes is the premier business tourism city in France, after Paris. Thanks to the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, Cannes is strengthening its attractiveness and reassuring its international clients by engaging in an optimum health approach.
Building on a proactive policy of quality and sustainable development at the heart of its operations, the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, the first European centre to achieve quadruple certification - ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHS 18001 and ISO 26000 - continues its responsible commitment by adapting all its spaces in accordance with health security rules.
The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes was the subject of a "COVID19 BUSINESS-READY" audit to assess exposure to health security risks, carried out by the SOCOTEC group.
The SOCOTEC Group, a major player in Testing, Inspection and Certification, a leader in technical advice and risk management in construction, infrastructure and works of art, was chosen by the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes to audit its spaces, as part of demanding health security protocols, based on benchmarks involving around 100 checkpoints.
The evaluation carried out by this independent third party has enabled the Palais to be accredited for all its spaces: offices and organisation zones, Tourist Office and shop, delivery bays, terraces, exhibition spaces, receptions and conferences.
"I salute the work of the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, which is doing everything it can to ensure the health security of clients and its staff to allow the resumption of economic activity, so essential to the survival of our destination. This work is supported by the collective commitment of socio-professionals - hotels, restaurateurs, beach managers, taxis, retailers - and by the City of Cannes to apply effective measures, adapted to the reality on the ground and to local challenges. These precautionary measures are being taken in view of the evolution of the epidemic, based on known scientific criteria and in coherence with the application of national provisions to reassure and protect MICE professionals and combat the spread of the virus while preserving social and economic life." David Lisnard, Mayor of Cannes.
5 sets of concrete measures for 100 checkpoints!
- Infrastructure: Implementation of a specific cleaning protocol, training of cleaning staff and management of inflows and exit flows, introduction of a traffic plan on the site;
- Controlling service providers and suppliers: Updating prevention plans, raising awareness of barrier actions among participants, transmitting site instructions, reorganising freight and co-activity;
- Employee protection: Provision of collective and individual protective equipment, development of a business continuity plan, raising awareness of health risks and barrier measures, on-site posters;
- Protection of third parties: Hydro-alcoholic gel dispensers at all sensitive points of contact (lifts, stairs, doors, spaces), provision of instructions before entry on site, provision of a COVID point of contact;
- Support for the preparation and hosting of events: Developing measures, adapted traffic plans, and deploying collective and individual protective equipment jointly agreed with the organisers, proposing new enhanced cleaning services suitable for trade shows and events.
Controlling the environmental impacts of health measures: maximum score obtained!
The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes has also been awarded the "Ecovid Label". This is a "Covid-19 environmental risk management bonus".
This assessment by the SOCOTEC group demonstrates the proper consideration of measures to limit the environmental impact of the risk of contamination and dispersal of the COVID-19 virus.
Jean-Michel ARNAUD, President of the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes, said : "This approach is essential to reassure our visitors and restore trust. We have always been fully engaged in any action that strengthens our commitment as a responsible operator and demonstrates the excellence of our equipment, which is perfectly adapted to international requirements. The health security audit illustrates our commitment to reassuring the public by placing health at the heart of our concerns."
ABOUT THE PALAIS DES FESTIVALS ET DES CONGRES DE CANNES
A true driver in the service of the local economy and employment, the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes is a general interest tool that determines the attractiveness of the city. Its global influence and the durability of its historical events (the Cannes Film Festival, Cannes Lions, Cannes Yachting Festival, Heavent Meetings, ILTM, MAPIC, MIDEM, MIPCOM, MIPIM, MIPTV, Tax Free World Exhibition, the CANNESERIES International Series Festival and so on) give it one of the most competitive positions in Europe with a capacity to host 40,000 people over 85,000 square metres of space in total, including 35,000 square metres of exhibition space. More than 50 professional events (B2B) hosting 280,000 accredited participants are held at the Palais each year, generating more than 855 million euros in economic benefits and more than 13,000 jobs in Cannes and on the French Riviera.
More information www.palaisdesfestivals.com