Following the announcements made by the Government on Saturday 29 February in connection with the COVID - 19 Coronavirus epidemic, gatherings of more than 5000 people in confined spaces have been banned.
The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès implements and respects the recommendations of the World Health Organisation, and all the recommendations of the French health authorities and all police and public health guidelines and protocols.
Provisions of the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes
The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes continues to monitor and assess the potential impact of Coronavirus (covid-19) on events taking place in Cannes, in conjunction with health authorities and local, national and international authorities.
The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes has adopted several measures, in conjunction with the City of Cannes and in constant contact with the prefectural and health authorities (Regional Health Agency and management of the Cannes Simone Veil Hospital), aimed at limiting the risk of spreading the virus and continues to regularly introduce new preventative measures:
On-site medical assistance
- Strengthening medical teams on site, during each event, with trained staff kitted out with equipment specially designed for temperature detection.
- The Cannes Simone VEIL Hospital is located in the heart of the city, 10 minutes from the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès. It has staff trained, equipped and ready for all types of diagnostics and care.
- For the Alpes Maritimes department, Simone Veil Hospital has been identified by the Regional Health Agency as the first establishment of the second-line establishments, for the following criteria:
* Presence of an infectious disease unit or beds in another care unit with management of patients under the responsibility of a senior infectious disease specialist;
* Rooms allowing isolation of patients (individual room with air renewal);
* Medical biology laboratory to ensure current biology under the required conditions.
Cleaning and disinfection
- Additional cleaning and a disinfection programme in all busy areas and use of appropriate cleaning and disinfection equipment and products;
- Provision of cleaning and disinfectant products to the public;
- Introduction of a protocol for disinfecting speakers’ microphones.
Awareness-raising and training
- Online awareness-raising campaign and on-site information and signage panels;
- Raising awareness among all staff and colleagues about basic individual preventative actions (personal hygiene, frequency of use of disinfectant products, etc);
- New signage (in French and English) set up on the site to remind participants of hygiene recommendations;
- Advising exhibitors on applying deep cleaning and disinfection of stands and offices, as well as personal hygiene measures and basic preventative behaviours;
- Transmission of public health recommendations and communication advice to hotels, public and private transport, restaurants and fast food outlets etc in Cannes.
Updates, answers to frequently asked questions and a list of measures put in place by the Palais des Festivals are available on our website: https://www.palaisdesfestivals.com/
Do you have any questions about coronavirus? Information telephone platform: 0 800 130 000 (free calls)